Dutch startups contribute more than 109,000 jobs in the Netherlands, 25,000 of which were created in the last three years.
The second edition of our report on Dutch startup jobs in partnership with, Dealroom.co and CBRE finds that startups are the number one job growth engine in the Netherlands. Startups account for higher job growth than any individual sector and have shown strong resilience during Covid-19.
Here are the key takeaways from the report:
- Dutch startups account for 109,000 jobs, 25,000 of which were created in the last three years, an average of +8% annual growth
- Startups are the #1 job growth engine, creating jobs faster than any individual sector
- Startup job growth has shown resilience at +4% during Covid-19, higher than any sector
- 57% of new startups jobs were created by companies under 5 years old
- 60% of Dutch startup jobs are based outside Noord-Holland
- Investment-backed startups grow 3x faster than their peers