Speak directly with Access Program Director, Tjarda Voorneman at Tjarda@techleap.nl
Access, as we call it, is here to empower Dutch scaleups and help them reach as far as they possibly can. The Access program is built to provide unprecedented support for the most promising scaleups in the Netherlands. Selected scaleups will accelerate their growth domestically and internationally by having easier access to new markets, unique funding opportunities and a direct line to the best talent in NL. For the right scaleups, we open up a highly influential network of partners, bring founders together to help overcome challenges and provide international scaling experts and scale coaches to work directly with you on your hardest problems. This is for serious companies only that want to not only change the Netherlands but possibly change the world.
Setting up a startup might seem easier than ever before but successfully growing one to a size that matters is not.
The day to day challenges of running your company can hold back even the best of entrepreneurs from making the right decisions and creating companies that can truly scale. We believe these issues can be overcome by creating access to relevant networks in the top scaleup ecosystems of the world.
What does it involve?
Every quarter we bring together a group of 15 highly selected scaleups for 8 insight sessions throughout the quarter. These include:
- Expert sessions: We break down the hurdles to scaleup success with Scale experts and Scale coaches that have gone through it before. This is where you face hard questions about being ready for real growth.
- Peer-learning: Share and communicate with other scale-ups who understand the challenges that you face at this critical stage. We build a network of top tech founders both from NL and abroad where you can connect one to one or engage the entire group and crowdsource your learning.
Unique trips to meet investors, partners, buyers and local networks in strategic parts of the world.
Who is the program for?
Serious companies only need to apply. A scaleup is eligible for the program if they are technology-driven and Dutch-based. In addition, they need to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Currently raising or preparing to raise €10M+ with their next round (likely to have been funded €1-5M previously)
- Or revenue-focused, generating annual revenues of over €1M
- 10+ FTE
- Minimum 50% year on year growth
- A clear understanding of product/service and market you serve
Access adds the most value for companies who:
- Significantly need to increase their team
- Want to expand their markets and rapidly grow internationally
- Need to attract serious growth capital
Final approval and selection will be done by an experienced independent selection committee. Approval will be based on the overall value proposition, traction, potential to scale and program fit. Also, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and therefore encourage applications from founding teams with a wide array of backgrounds.
- Apply via the form
- After approval, you get an invitation to meet the selection committee
- This year we will approve 40 scaleups, the next year 60
- Every quarter we engage 150 founders per batch with our approach
- There is no cost to the scaleups (except travel/ accommodation for trips) we do not seek equity
- Applications open - January 21st
- Ongoing applications throughout 2020 - until first 40 approved startups approved
- Meet the selection board
- Start program April (Pilot), June and September
Got a question?
Join shared problem-solving, meet other entrepreneurs and learn from internationally renowned experts.